Have some leftover candy canes? Here's a fun way to eat them up!
Candy Cane Popcorn
Makes: 12 cups
Time: 20–25 minutes
- 1 (2 4/5-ounce) bag microwave popcorn, about 10 cups popped
- 8 large candy canes
- 12 ounces white chocolate bar, chopped, or white chocolate chips
- Cover a baking sheet with foil or waxed paper and set aside.
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave, then pour it into a large bowl, separating out any un-popped kernels.
- Unwrap the candy canes and place them in a food processor. Pulse on-off several times for 5 to 10 seconds each, until the canes are finely crushed, with just a few larger pieces remaining. Alternately, place the candy canes in a large plastic bag and seal tightly. Use a rolling pin to roll/smash the candy canes until they are finely ground.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add about 1/3 cup of the crushed candy canes to the white chocolate and stir them in.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn in the bowl and stir to coat the popcorn with the chocolate.
- Scrape the popcorn onto the baking sheet and spread it into an even layer to cool.
- While the white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces over the top of the popcorn.
- Let the popcorn set at room temperature until the white chocolate is firm.
- Break the popcorn up into small pieces, then serve.